Wednesday, April 27, 2011


Eight has always been my favourite number and magically it is N's favourite number as well. So when we got married we decided to get married on 8-8-08 and now I like the number even more.

While we were out shopping at random antique and knick knack shops and came across a few cool eights. After finding more I thought it would be a great idea to use them in some decor project. After gathering a variety I decided that they would look nice in a frame so on the way home we stopped at a thrift store and bought a frame.

I spray painted the frame black.

Once the frame dried I arranged the eights in the frame. It took a while to get it arranged and I think it still needs maybe a few more small eights.

Here are some close up shots of the eights. I love that we were able to find such a variety. Some of my favourites are the word eight, the domino and the clock.

It took a while to get the wights all in the frame on the wall.I moved the eights around a lot until I was happy with it.

Final project!


Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Egg Garland - Happy Easter!

I've seen a few bloggers that have made en egg garland using paint samples. I loved the look of it so decided to make my own!

I made an egg template and using a few pastel-coloured paint samples I cut out my eggs.
 After all of the eggs were cut out I had to decide how to string them together. I tried sewing them together (like I did for my heart garland) but for some reason it wasn't working. I made a quick trip to Michael's for a 1/8'' hole punch and some ribbon and decided to go that route.

I made a template for the holes so I could get them all in the same spot and punched two holes on each egg.


Then I started stringing them together.


All done!

I'm excited to hang it up again for Easter next year!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Even more napkins!

Here is another set of napkins that I made for another birthday - my sister's birthday.

I used the same method as before for these napkins but instead of using regular fabric paint and brushing/sponging it on I used spray on fabric paint. I think it worked much better and definitely will use the spray on paint for future projects like this. 

I couldn't decide on just one image so I decided to put a different image on each napkin. Again, I just found these images online and altered a few aspects to make them stencil friendly.

All of the napkins together.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

More napkins!

I haven't posted in a while but hopefully I can get back to doing crafty projects and getting them up on my blog!

I made these a while ago for a friend's birthday and am finally getting around to posting. I used the same method as the dala horse napkins. My amiga really likes owls so I looked online until I found a cute one and then I edited the image so it would work as a stencil.

Next I ironed on the stencil.

I gathered my painting supplies...

... and painted two layers.

I waited until they dried and then I  used the iron to heat set the paint.

All done!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...