Thursday, December 31, 2009

Craft: My first quilt!

I've always wanted to make a quilt but never actually did it. For my birthday in September. N bought me three quilting books so I talked a friend into making a quilt with me. We picked out a simple pattern for a lap quilt and got to work.

It was fun picking out fabrics. I decided to make mine grey, blue and red to match our living room. I didn't take any photos while making it - I need to get better at that. :-\

Making the quilt took a while - I think we started the quilts at the end of September and finished them on December 19th - very very late at night. Our goal was to finish them before Christmas and we did! :-)

I'm happy with how it turned out and it looks great in my living room!

I quilted along the edges of the coloured strips. I used my sewing machine and a zig-zag stitch.

The quilt was a great pattern for beginners and I would definitely make the same one again.  The pattern came from Quilting 101: A Beginner's Guide to Quilting - a great book for new quilters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...