Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Craft: Valentine's Day Wreath

Following this tutorial I made a red felt heart wreath. It was really easy to do but took a while. It didn't take too much concentration so I caught up on tv shows while I made it.

Supplies: 3/4 yard+ of felt, pins, foam heart, scissors, circle template, pen/pencil
I printed a 3'' circle onto card stock and used that as my template. I traced the circle onto the felt and cut out the circles. I used the entire 3/4 yard of felt and wish I had more so I recommend buying a full yard. After using up all of the felt I even cut out a handful of smaller circles from the scraps to help fill in the wreath.


I folded each circle in half and then in half again.
Then I put a pin through the bottom of the felt...
...and pinned it to the foam heart.
I didn't pin in any real order but I made sure to evenly pin pieces around the entire heart.
I had a scrap piece of red ribbon that I used to hang it. I just took the ribbon and pinned it to the back of the wreath.
Then I continued pinning on the felt. I pinned felt around the entire heart - making sure that the front looked the best. There are areas in the back that should have more felt but I'm not too worried about it.
All finished!

I hung it up in our living room.





I've also seen this style of wreath done as a round one for other holidays or general decor. I might make another one to hang up for Christmas or just to have up in general after Valentine's Day is over.

7 comments:

  1. That's a really cute idea! I almost bought one of those heart foam wreaths today too. maybe I'll go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous, I'll have to be on the hunt for a foam heart now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make this look so easy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love it - where on earth did you get your foam heart from though ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo Wood - I bought the foam heart wreath at Jo-Ann Fabrics. They might also have them at Michael's or Hancock Fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...