Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bean Bag Toss

Since we have been spending so much time outside (thankfully we're finally having nice weather!) N decided to make a yard game for us to play.

Bean bag toss!

Supplies:
Plywood
Board
Paint
10 plastic bowls or cups

We bought the plywood already this size so we didn't need to get it cut down.  

N cut the board down to make legs...

...and then he nailed them in. 


Then he brought it out to the yard to paint it. We just used extra paint we had in our casa - extra paint from our bedroom.
Now for the containers to catch the bean bags. 

Originally we were going to spray paint yogurt containers but decided to stop by the dollar store instead to see what we could use.
We found bowls in blue, green and yellow that we thought would work perfect.

To add the bowls to the board, N used a washer and a screw and first made a hole in the bottom of each bowl.





Then he screwed each bowl onto the board.


We're trying to come up with a way to add numbers to each one for points. N is thinking about just drawing them on with a sharpie but I'm on the lookout for big vinyl number stickers. 


Now N just needs to finish the beanbags so we can play (and so I can win). :-)

oneprettything

4 comments:

  1. Great idea. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! My hubby is going to kill me if I add one more project to the list...but wouldn't this be the best for the grands (and adults) to play with in the yard?? Wouldn't want them getting bored..HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great game, I love that it was made instead of bought at the store. thank you for sharing. I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. I'm following now. I hope you'll stop by Katherines Corner and say hello and maybe even enter my latest giveaway. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Would love for you to share this at our Summer Fun Fest Linky Party today!
    fussymonkeybiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...