Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mosaic

I took a mosaic class a while ago with Kate  at Mercury Mosaic. We got a good deal with a Groupon and it was really fun. The class was about 3 hours long and they explained how to do everything, provided examples and helped with your design. They have so many containers just full of tiles to choose from. It took a while to decide what type of colours I was going to use and how to design my mosaic. 

They also do custom mosaics in homes and the examples of their work I saw were amazing. It makes me want to do a tile back splash in our kitchen. Maybe someday. 

In the class you could choose to either make a mosaic around a mirror or just a plain mosaic on a rectangular piece of wood. I chose the plain piece of wood.
It’s been sitting on the floor in my living room for a while;  really need to figure out where to put it. Maybe in the guestroom once we do something with that room…maybe the living room? No sé.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...